VMware Workspace ONE Community
cashxxxx
Contributor
Contributor

Activation Locked

So, I am lost and hopefully someone can put me on the right track.  We got new phones about 6 months ago and the person that takes care of the cell phones for the company wants to recycle them.   When we get new phones, they sign out of airwatch, and make a backup on the old phones.   Turn on the new ones and restore that backup on to the new phones and set the phone up.  Once they are ok with everything and think things are ok they go in and sign out of iCloud, iTunes and make sure signed out of Airwatch and Erase all settings.

When she is ready to recycle the old phones, she turns the old phones on to the Hello screen and touches on the Info button in the bottom right to get the serials and gives that to me and I remove them from DEP and Airwatch.

She now has about 10 phones that she was checking to make sure they were not activation locked and they are.  Including mine and a co-worker that I know where signed out of iCloud and erased properly!   While it was happening to mine, I even went into iCloud.com and the phone wasn't in my account and wasn't in DEP or Airwatch.

So, what do you think happened and how to prevent this in the future?

Thanks,

Dan
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies