VMware Workspace ONE Community
pchapman
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Access Point 2.6 Documentation

Maybe I'm missing something but it seems like documentation for configuring Access Point 2.6 is very much not there.

I notice that the documentation makes reference to it, saying that it can be used as a reverse proxy for Identity Manager, but does not tell you how to configure it, aside from listing a few REST API properties.

I notice swagger.yaml makes reference to needing an activation code from Identity Manager, but no instructions on how that should be setup.  I tried a few obvious settings for the properties but nothing seems to get me anywhere.

Does anyone have the complete documentation for this?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ben_c1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos
pchapman
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I was going to say No, however I just checked again and it seems that the document was updated since yesterday (the new content being in bold)

http://pubs.vmware.com/horizon-7-view/index.jsp#com.vmware.horizon-ap.deploy-config.doc/GUID-C2F2229...

Note, the unSecurePattern setting seems to be missing a leading (

0 Kudos
pchapman
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

So, I configured access point with the proper settings as documented in the updated manual.  However, when I connect to it, it tries to redirect me to the internal IP of the identity manager.  Any ideas why this is happening?

Here is the updated REST config using the new parameters found in the manual.

{

"identifier": "WEB_REVERSE_PROXY",

"enabled": true,

"proxyDestinationUrl": "https://192.168.200.23:443",

"proxyDestinationUrlThumbprints": "sha1=69 27 ad a9 19 a2 24 c9 53 c8 5c 42 3e ef cc ac 15 b2 de 3c",

"healthCheckUrl": "/favicon.ico",

"proxyPattern": "(/|/SAAS(.*)|/hc(.*)|/web(.*)|/catalog-portal(.*))",

"unSecurePattern": "(/catalog-portal(.*)|/|/SAAS/|/SAAS|/SAAS/API/1.0/GET/image(.*)|/SAAS/horizon/css(.*)|/SAAS/horizon/angular(.*)|/SAAS/horizon/js(.*)|/SAAS/horizon/js-lib(.*)|/SAAS/auth/login(.*)|/SAAS/jersey/manager/api/branding|/SAAS/horizon/images/(.*)|/SAAS/jersey/manager/api/images/(.*)|/hc/(.*)/authenticate/(.*)|/hc/static/(.*)|/SAAS/auth/saml/response|/SAAS/auth/authenticatedUserDispatcher|/web(.*)|/SAAS/apps/|/SAAS/horizon/portal/(.*)|/SAAS/horizon/fonts(.*)|/SAAS/API/1.0/POST/sso(.*)|/SAAS/API/1.0/REST/system/info(.*)|/SAAS/API/1.0/REST/auth/cert(.*)|/SAAS/API/1.0/REST/oauth2/activate(.*)|/SAAS/API/1.0/GET/user/devices/register(.*)|/SAAS/API/1.0/oauth2/token(.)|/SAAS/API/1.0/REST/oauth2/session(.*)|/SAAS/API/1.0/REST/user/resources(.*)|/hc/t/(.* )/(.*)/authenticate(.*)|/SAAS/API/1.0/REST/auth/logout(.*)|/SAAS/auth/saml/response(.*)|/SAAS/(.*)/(.*)auth/login(.*)|/SAAS/API/1.0/GET/apps/launch(.*)|/SAAS/API/1.0/REST/user/applications(.*)|/SAAS/auth/federation/sso(.*)|/SAAS/auth/oauth2/authorize(.*)|/hc/prepareSaml/failure(.*)|/SAAS/auth/oauthtoken(.*)|/SAAS/API/1.0/GET/metadata/idp.xml|/SAAS/auth/saml/artifact/resolve(.*)|/hc/(.*)/authAdapter(.*)|/hc/authenticate/(.*)|/SAAS/auth/logout|/SAAS/common.js|/SAAS/auth/launchInput(.*)|/SAAS/launchUsersApplication.do(.*)|/hc/API/1.0/REST/thinapp/download(.*)|/hc/t/(.*)/(.*)/logout(.*))",

"authCookie": "HZN",

"loginRedirectURL": "/SAAS/auth/login?dest=%s"

},

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Have you configured new externally available FQDN on vIDM? Do you use split DNS?

0 Kudos
pchapman
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi Peter, thanks for the reply.

I found this article you wrote, which I think may explain my problem: Workspace Portal - Trouble Changing the FQDN - Horizon Tech Blog - VMware Blogs

It was hard to find, since the error in the UI says "Error validating Identity Manager URL".  Once I was able to check the logs I found "Error validating workspace URL" which led me to your article. 

I am going to try running through that in a bit and see how far I get.

0 Kudos
pchapman
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Is it possible to get this working with Split DNS? Or do I need to hairpin it out of the network for it to work?  This is just for a test lab environment at this point.

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I would say Split DNS is a requirement. Internally the FQDN should point to internal IP of vIDM and externally FQDN points to Access Point external IP.

0 Kudos