VMware Workspace ONE Community
umarmuha
Contributor
Contributor

Ability to do file level restore for horizon workspace files.

Hi,

I was wandering if anyone has come up with a way to do a file level bacup/restore for Horizon Workspace user files. I went over the disaster recovery PDF documentation and it says that you have to take point in time backups for the database, the v-apps and the data blob NFS or VMDK. For restoring data it lists that we recover the database and then the vmdm backups. It seems like a little odd to me that in case a user tells to restore a file that he deleted couple of months ago, I will have to restore my entire 1TB vmdk file (my env). It doesn't mention anything about installing a backup agent and doing file level backup that way. I opened a ticket regarding the issue and got a response informing that at the moment backing up and restoring the VMDK or NFS blob is the only option. File level restore is a big deal for me and I would love for VMware to come up with a more reliable and efficient backup strategy. I would like to hear some suggestions and feedback.

1 Reply
nmanzi
Contributor
Contributor

Seconded. I can't imagine that anyone wouldn't want file level restoration and point in time recovery in this service.

0 Kudos