VMware Workspace ONE Community
mabdelhamid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

AWCM for real-time policy delivery to Windows Desktop devices.

Hello,

We are operating Windows 10 on a Closed Network(WNS is not applicable here, because ports are not opened from devices to Microsoft cloud services), there is a lot of lag for devices when getting applications and commands from the UEM console.

in the documentation, I found this "Consider using AWCM for real-time policy and command delivery to Windows Desktop devices.", but I didn't find any KB or documentation that discuss how to do this point.

Any Idea for this?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JosueNegron
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I am hesitant to even post anything here since VMware DOES NOT support Windows management on a closed network, hopefully someone has already made you aware of that. 

Not allowing WNS and AWCM break real-time communication and defeats the main purpose of modern management. 

WNS is used to communicate with the builtin device management client (OMA-DM) while AWCM is used my the Intelligent Hub. Both are enabled from the console side out of the box. You are just responsible for ensuring the device has access to the respective endpoints. 

Refer to this doc for more info: https://techzone.vmware.com/resource/windows-modern-management-security-design-and-implementation#wi...

mabdelhamid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Josue, Actually it is first time for me to know that VMware doesn't support this scenario.

I believe also OMA-DM client not communicating through WNS will lead to an issue also in Windows Updates not pushing to the devices. correct?

I checked the console, Windows Updates are showing as GUIDs not KB names.

Thanks again for the link and information.

0 Kudos