VMware Workspace ONE Community
wmorris03
Contributor
Contributor

AD setup in workspace 2.0: Error while executing directory dry run. Invalid response from REST client.

Going through the setup for workspace 2.0 after deploying horizon 6 view portion. I have set this up in another environment and it worked fine. I have even deployed workspace 1.8 in this environment and it worked fine, and i have since removed it and did a fresh install of  2.0. once it gets to the Step 2g: Push to Workspace i get the message: Error while executing directory dry run. invalid response from REST client. removed, redployed, same thing.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RaviChayanam
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can you please share the following three files with me?

/opt/vmware/c2/c2instance/logs/connector.log on connector-va

/var/lib/config-state.json on connector-va

/opt/vmware/horizon/workspace/logs/horizon.log on service-va

RaviChayanam
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thank you, I will send you a PM next.

0 Kudos
jordan57
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ravi, what is the fix for this?

I just ran into the same issue.

Blog: http://www.virtualizetips.com Twitter = @bsuhr
0 Kudos
RaviChayanam
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi jordan57

The root cause for the failure you are seeing may not be the same what wmorris03 saw. (wmorris03 had a host lookup failure while querying the ad for users) We will know more when I see the following files from your deployment. Can you send them to me via Private Message please?

/opt/vmware/c2/c2instance/logs/connector.log on connector-va

/var/lib/config-state.json on connector-va

/opt/vmware/horizon/workspace/logs/horizon.log on service-va

0 Kudos
TomKH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Another common reason for seeing that error is one of your Group DNs that were added for synching contains 'non-standard' characters such as & etc. If this is the problem though, it will be identifiable via the errors logged in the connector.log during the sync attempt.

0 Kudos