VMware Workspace ONE Community
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

9.6 On Prem Installer

FYI - The installer is up for download for 9.6 On Prem.
Labels (1)
30 Replies
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Well, 9.7 installer for on-premises customer should be around the corner. Upgrading AirWatch becomes more and more like upgrading smartphone. Should you go with iPhone X when iPhone Y is coming soon?
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Guys,
A short update from my side, yesterday I updated my testenvironment from 9.2.3 to 9.6.
I had already bad experiences with upgrading AirWatch so I decided to install every DB and App installer, it took some time, of course but as far as I can see nothing went wrong, the devices are still enrolled, YAY^^.
I can approve Luke, my custom Admin roles had some difficulties but no big problems at all.
I cannot say much about bugs or management functionalities at the moment, but from update view for me everything went well.
@Thomas, you are right, they are updating AirWatch/WorkspaceONE in a speed like mobile OS's, from my perspective it is much too fast, I am not able to find any bugfix List or detailed release notes so far and 9.7 is already announced for the next weeks.
BR
Michael

0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Glad to hear Michael. You do know you need to install the patch when it comes out to avoid any issue enrolling newly announced Apple devices. Right?
0 Kudos
btrabue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hopefully they come out with the patch soon!  iOS 12 is being released Monday
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Agree. I have yet to upgrade my environment pending the release of this patch.
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

I've been running iOS 12 for quite awhile and no issues. Must be a specific issue with the newer devices? So much secrecy here. 9.7 will have the new iOS 12 MDM options builtin, eagerly awaiting that update.
0 Kudos
carvalhofe
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. When will 9.7 become GA for on premise?
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Fernando, your guess is as good as mine. I'm on 9.1 and support ends by 10/26/18. If 9.7 is not out in the next two weeks, I will still upgrade to 9.6 but won't get to upgrade to 9.7 anytime soon.
0 Kudos
Hashj71
Contributor
Contributor

Thomas/Luke,

Quick question I want to upgrade 9.2.3.28 to the latest version. I know we have to incrementally upgrade db server to 9.3. But the support tells me that I can upgrade to v18.10 that is the latest version. Is it available on prem? the last blog I read was 9.6 was available on prem from Luke.
0 Kudos
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yes 1810 is available for on-premise install:  https://resources.workspaceone.com/view/3z9w7b5kpxz33f3h483s/en and there is a patch installer for 1810 too. Version 1811 is listed on the console software pull-down menu but it isn't available for on-premise yet.
0 Kudos
MichaelStollery
Contributor
Contributor

I am looking for the SMARTS EMC NCM 9.6 NCM evaluation download for a client. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos