VMware Workspace ONE Community
antherITguy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

9.1 to 9.4 or 9.5?

I'm looking into upgrading from 9.1 to either 9.4 or 9.5.  I'm seeking input from other on-prem users that have gone through this upgrade.  How straight forward was it?  Any gotchas?
Labels (1)
182 Replies
EdLovato
Contributor
Contributor

Thomas, requested access to your blog: edlovatojr
0 Kudos
ShawnCole
Contributor
Contributor

Thomas,
Thank you, I got through my 9.1 to 9.7 upgrade fairly smoothly.  Only hiccup was upgrading my VMWare Tunnel relay server. Getting a Failed to encrypt endpoint password error that support and I are chasing now.
I guess the next step is to move to UAG...
Cheers
Shawn
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Glad I could help Shawn. This community helps me a lot and I am just doing my part in return.
0 Kudos
StevePerth
Contributor
Contributor

Thomas can you please give me access as well? sjmeyers1

That's a different SteveM than the one above 🙂

Cheers,
Steve

0 Kudos
chardolea
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Thomas, can you please give me access to your blog : chardolea
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Hi Steve M. and Richard O. Sorry for the delay and I've just granted you access. Thank you for your continuing support!
Do we still have a lot of on-premises customers here? What are some of the reasons you are staying on-premises besides security mandate?
0 Kudos
ShawnCole
Contributor
Contributor

That's our reason for on prem.. our client base still has concerns over the cloud services idea. And sometimes I feel rightly so.
We're making a slow transition with them and of course us.
0 Kudos
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

We are on-premise because when we started it was a cheaper way for us to go since we already had a VMware virtual infrastructure. I would prefer to be hosted for all the automatic updates that currently have to be analyzed for installation when on-prem.
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Good point Rich B. I suppose your team has performed a cost analysis to confirm the savings by staying on-premises?
0 Kudos
SeanMuldowney
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Thomas,
We are about to upgrade 9.0 to 9.7 and would appreciate reading your blog before hand: seanm0227
Thank You

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

You got it Sean. Soon I should be able to allow public access so hopefully more folks can benefit from it.
0 Kudos
stevegunz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Thomas,
I going to jump on the bandwagon too. Can you add me? Username Stephengunz. I upgraded to 9.2 last year but can't for the life of me remember the process and would like to do some homework to as a refresher.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

You got it Stephen and thank you for your support!
0 Kudos
KonstantinosLei
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Thomas! Access for AmigoDeluxe to your blog please? 🙂
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

I don't see any request from AmigoDeluxe. Please resend your request to me.
0 Kudos
KonstantinosLei
Contributor
Contributor

Apologies, you should be able to see it now 🙂

Thanks!
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

No problem. Access granted.

I shall open access to the public beginning 1/1/19.
0 Kudos
valenciaj
Contributor
Contributor

sorry I'm late for the party. I'm going from 9.3 to 9.7 and I'm getting this warning.
' installer has detected the database version to be 9.3 which is different from the application version you are installing.'
Is this OK to ignore or how to update the db version?
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Hi Javler,

No, it's not OK to ignore. You need to run the DB package inside the installer of 9.7 to upgrade your DB to 9.7 first. Then, you can run the installer to upgrade the application.
0 Kudos
valenciaj
Contributor
Contributor

This is on the SQL server?
0 Kudos