VMware Workspace ONE Community
KevinKrumm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

2008 Available

Just saw 2008 Available for download for on-prem - Anybody try it yet?

I'm running 2005 patched up to date -

9 Replies
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I'm planning to install it tomorrow to fix a bug in 2005 that doesn't allow us to update, delete, or create education classes. An error is seen in the console but changes appear to be saved in the console, however, changes don't make it to the iPads!

0 Kudos
KevinKrumm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I thought i was the only one having that issue with the classes - You are right after the update everything is working right with the classes and ipads.

0 Kudos
rsaulitis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

RichB2u2 How upgrade ended? Still alive?

0 Kudos
KevinKrumm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ran the upgarde with no issues.

ahumbert
Contributor
Contributor

I tried but I had to roll back on the DB.. the apps doesn't support anymore WS 2008 R2..

0 Kudos
KevinKrumm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

WS 2008 R2 ouch!

0 Kudos
DubravkoJug
Contributor
Contributor

I had a problem with clean install on premise. Registration for Android is not working, Secure Channel certificate download link is not working also. Bug in installer or something on Server OS/network ports?

0 Kudos
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

We also had to rollback the database after the DS and Console apps failed to install on 2008 R2 VM's. Planning to try again this weekend on newer OS VM's. It is like a brand new installation though requiring certificates and server roles installed, etc. Support confirmed we don't have to have the VMware Access server as shown in the Pre-Installation Requirements Checklist.

0 Kudos
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

This page says 2008 is compatible with Server 2008 R2 SP1 but clearly it is wrong as the installer stops immediately and says the OS is not supported:  Application Server Prerequisites

0 Kudos