VMware Workspace ONE Community
JohnMooreJohnMo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

1904 Full Installer

We are unable to find the 1904 Install package.
We see they have already release patches but we cannot get the package so we an upgrade our On-Prem.
Anyone have the link to the download?

Thanks
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

According to this article we will not be getting 1904 released to on-premise customers!

https://support.workspaceone.com/articles/360021991453

' ...beginning with Workspace ONE UEM Console 1904, which will be SaaS only release.'

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
28 Replies
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

According to this article we will not be getting 1904 released to on-premise customers!

https://support.workspaceone.com/articles/360021991453

' ...beginning with Workspace ONE UEM Console 1904, which will be SaaS only release.'
0 Kudos
JohnMooreJohnMo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you Rich,
They are really short sighted thinking everyone wants to move to the cloud and not releasing their updates because of it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Now that 1905 is released I wonder if on-premise will be included or not. That article only states ' We will strive to deliver multiple On-Premises releases over the course of the year.'  This does not give us much comfort! It costs so much more to be hosted that our school district budget won't allow us to migrate to the cloud.
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

1907 is on cn135 already. I think they said something like 4 releases per year for on-prem. I'm not fond of this policy, it's just furthering the on-prem discrimination I've always disliked.
0 Kudos
sturmanc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

https://support.workspaceone.com/articles/115001654148

Workspace ONE UEM Console 1905 (SaaS Only)
Workspace ONE UEM Console 1904 (SaaS Only)
0 Kudos
JoeTingley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Anyone know when the next On-Prem update is expected to release? Looking to time an upgrade appropriately.
0 Kudos
ThomasConnolly
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I would also like to know when the next On Prem release will be. Does anyone know of a way to track this without searching through the forums?
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
JoeTingley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Luke, I'm signed up for them, but that doesn't give any insight into when unfortunately, just that it's happened.
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yeah they don’t really give much warning generally. This whole onprem experience is new for everyone. I don’t expect much warning myself, you could try asking supper or maybe a TAM/SAM if you have one.
0 Kudos
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

On June 21st a support person was helping me on ticket 1540370 regarding a different issue (' Delete in Progress'  instead of deleting). They said it was fixed in 1903 but based on issues on the forums with 1903 we are hesitant to install 1903.

Support said:  ' At this point, what would be recommended is to upgrade to 1905 as soon as it is available for On-Prem, because this issue comes from a design issue.'  Based on that I was encouraged that we may be getting 1905 released for on-premise but that hasn't happened yet, as of July 2nd.
0 Kudos
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

In case something is wrong with my account, is there no 1906 version?  Even when it's SaaS only they usually have release notes and the like.  My pulldown of versions stops at 1905.

Thanks.

Steve
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

The last version for OnPrem has been 1903. No word when the next OnPrem release will be yet.
0 Kudos
Aka_blue
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Bump looks like one of our shared hosted SAAS environments has even gone 19.08 .
Hopefully we will see 19.07 come to onPrem customers soon .
0 Kudos
rjtd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Looks like 1907 doesnt say ' SaaS Only'  on ' Workspace ONE UEM Console Release and End of General Support Matrix' .
So maybe we will see it on-prem.
0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I wonder when they will give it to On Premise if so
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

The past has shown the on=prem version takes a few weeks to come after the SaaS rollouts are started/done.  1907 should be an on prem release since it includes some major updates for Android Enterprise migrations etc.
0 Kudos
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Here we are on August 1st (1908) with no on-premise updates beyond 1903 yet... 1907 was released to SAAS on 7/19/19. Still waiting for an on-premise update.
https://support.workspaceone.com/articles/115001654148
0 Kudos
ThomasConnolly
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Seems like were getting punished for being On-premise or trying to squeeze us to move to SAAS.
0 Kudos