VMware Communities
Dee2022
Contributor
Contributor

WS1 - Report which devices are not on the lastest Windows OS?

WS1 - Report which devices are not on the lastest Windows OS?

Can anyone tell me how to configure an Intelligence report in Workspace one?

I am trying to create a report that shows all devices that do not have the latest Windows 10, version 21H2 OS installed.

There are many options that you can do that say do\don't include certain patches or build, but when selected the report will show every single other patch that is not related...

I just need to have a report that says these devices are not on Windows 10, version 21H2 OS, or does not have this build installed.

Is this possible or has anyone else found a way to do this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoelBarrett2
Contributor
Contributor

In Intelligence, when you are building the report, in addition to setting the Platform as Windows Desktop, add the "OS Version" as a delimiter and set it to either "includes" all the versions you want to see or set it to "does not include" the versions you don't want to see. You have to convert the MS nomenclature from their marketing version to the actual reported version, i.e., Win10 21H2 = 10.0.19043. So, if I want to see all devices that DON'T have 10.0.19043 on them, I would set

Platform equals (Windows Desktop)
OS Version does not include (10.0.19043)

This is going to return a lot of non-Win10 21H2 devices so you'll want to add more to the "Does not include" statement to only get the devices you want because with version numbers like that, there is no way to say 'show me all versions less than 10.0.19043' unfortunately other than saying "OS Version does not start with 10.0.19" or something like that.

Hope that helps,
Joel

--
Joel Barrett
Staff Solution Engineer
EUC C1 Team
VMware, Inc.
0 Kudos
Dee2022
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I have tried the above.

Unfortunately this also provides every patch that also associates with that windows version..

Ideally I just need to know which devices are not on the latest version of windows and then I can setup a flow to Slack or even Jira to log a ticket saying this device needs to be upgraded etc...

0 Kudos
JoelBarrett2
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, here's how you can get this pretty easily. You are going to have to be careful which groups you are choosing filter parameters from. This has burned me recently because I apparently wasn't paying attention to which group the filter was being pulled from. Here's how to create the report: 

• Add a new report and select Custom Report. 
  • In Category, select Workspace ONE UEM then Devices
  • Give your report a name so you can save it
  • In the rules, type in "platform" in the Select Attribute area
  • MAKE SURE you choose "Platform (Normalized)" from the Device group. If you select it from the default Apps group, you will not get the results you want. 
  • Add "Windows Desktop" as the platform after the "includes" parameter.
  • Refresh the Report Preview to see how many Windows Desktop records you have.
  • Next, add a new rule and choose Devices > OS Version (Normalized) and make the rule reads like this:
    • OS Version does not include (10.0.19044)
  • Refresh the Report Preview and that will be the number of Windows Desktop devices that do not have the most current GA release of Win10. 

Hope that helps, 
Joel

--
Joel Barrett
Staff Solution Engineer
EUC C1 Team
VMware, Inc.
0 Kudos