VMware Communities
rtomsonii
Contributor
Contributor

USB Mic randomly does not work

Hello all.

We have Horizon for our desktops, using Linux thin clients all Version 2111.  Everyone has a Dell 515 USB soundbar with a mic.  My issue is my always works (Analog headset in the 3.5mm port) but some users that use the speaker and mic with no headset will sometimes not have a mic.  Their solution is to unplug the usb sound bar and plug it back in and then it works.  Wait a couple hours for the next call and they may have to do the same thing.  We have over 250 of these sound bars so I would like to get them working and not have to replace them.

Any ideas / experiences or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  I saw a post about Windows trying to put devices into low power mode which makes sense why unplugging and repluging fixes it for that call.  But I am not seeing power management on the VMWare Virtual Mic.  We are not using the MSTeams Optimization as the users are not technical and having to come back out to the thin client to manage the sound levels does not work for them.  So we have a GPO that turns that "feature" off.  We do have RTAV on so we are not redirecting USB over the WAN.

Any help is welcome.

Rich.

0 Kudos
0 Replies