VMware Communities
HILERW
Contributor
Contributor

Certificate expiration for AirWatch

We have an AirWatch tenant, and we'd like to let the certificate expire. We need to know what happens to the managed devices.....will they just not be able to be managed by AirWatch once the certificate expires or will end users have device issues once that happens?

The cert expires on 12/29 so a quick response would be appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JoelBarrett2
Contributor
Contributor

This depends on which cert is expired. For example, if you have iOS devices and your Apple APNs cert has expired, those devices will be unable to communicate with WSO UEM to get profiles and other updates via UEM.

--
Joel Barrett
Staff Solution Engineer
EUC C1 Team
VMware, Inc.
0 Kudos
HILERW
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks very much Joel!

Just want to make sure the devices themselves won't be affected. No loss of personal data or operability? I guess we are moving away from iOS MDM so just want to confirm our end users won't be affected. 

0 Kudos
JoelBarrett2
Contributor
Contributor

Just to be clear, I did not say your devices would not be impacted by an expired cert. The impact will fully depend on which cert or certs are expired. Your best bet is to contact VMW Support to get a better idea of what will and will not be impacted.

--
Joel Barrett
Staff Solution Engineer
EUC C1 Team
VMware, Inc.
0 Kudos
HILERW
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Joel.

I've had a heck of a time getting a hold of them. What's the best way to accomplish that?

0 Kudos
JoelBarrett2
Contributor
Contributor

The easiest way to open VMW support tickets now is to go to Customer Connect (https://customerconnect.vmware.com/), login, then click on the "Support" tab at the top of the screen. If your Customer Connect account is setup to create support tickets, then Get Support will provide you with several ways to create the ticket. If you don't currently have the ability to create support tickets, work with your company's SuperUser or Primary Contact to get that ability. They can assign you that ability via their Customer Connect account.

--
Joel Barrett
Staff Solution Engineer
EUC C1 Team
VMware, Inc.
0 Kudos
HILERW
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Joel.

Yeah....that's the issue. I've tried the support page, but our SuperUser never set up a VMWare account in order to allow me to create support tickets and is no longer here. I've tried calling in to have that changed and have had no success.

0 Kudos
JoelBarrett2
Contributor
Contributor

There is no call-in line any more for support. That was done away with earlier this year. There is Chat capability on that webpage -- have you tried that because that can also be used to create a ticket. To get the access issues resolved, you'll want to open a non-technical support ticket to get it addressed. 

If you have no way to talk to support via the Support page in Customer Connect, you'll need to reach out to your Account Exec within VMware to have them open a non-technical support ticket for you so you can get the access issue resolved. 

--
Joel Barrett
Staff Solution Engineer
EUC C1 Team
VMware, Inc.
0 Kudos