Contributor
Contributor

run application insigned under two environnements

Hello,

Here's my setup:

Pc with Windows 10 Enterprise,

VMWARE Workstation Pro latest (Version 15.5.5 Build 16285975),

Visual studio 2019 MFC cpp.

I've developed an app with Visual studio 2019 with MFC and C. This app only says "Hello." This app is unsigned. On my PC with VMWARE Wokstation Pro I created two Virtual Machine. The first under Windwos 10 Enterprise and the other on Windows server 2019.

I copy my app on the desktop of each VM.

I have two different behaviors when I launch my app:

On windows server 2019, Windows reports that my app has no author. It's a consistent response (runtime antivirus, blue screen).

In Windows 10 (VM) my app launches without a problem.

When I launch my app on my wife's PC I have the only behavioral mem in the Windows VM server 2019. Which is cohesive.

So my question is why this difference?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I don’t see that this has anything to do with Workstation, from what you’ve said.

You have 2 different versions of Windows behaving differently, the fact they are in VMs seems irrelevant.

Have you posted this on any Microsoft forums?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

Hi,

The answer has nothing to do with VMware, you should open up writing in the Microsoft community. I'm pretty sure it depends on the type of operating system that is different in many things and the same in others. Which version of Windows 10 are you using on your virtual machine? and which version is your wife using on your computer?

In the various versions of Windows 10, the differences are remarkable (1803, 1903, 1909, 2004).

ARomeo

(Microsoft MCSE 2016 Core Infrastrusture)

(Microsoft MCSE 2016 Productivity)

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Thread moved to the Windows guest area (although it should really be on a Microsoft forum)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos