VMware Cloud Community
J7529
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 10 Virtual Machine on vSphere/vCenter

Good Morning,

I am currently running vSphere Version 5.0.0 Build 623373 and vCenter Version 5.0.0 Build 455964.

I am trying to create a Windows 10 Virtual Machine but upon reboot I am receiving a BlueScreen with the following error code: HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

I receive this error whenever I upgrade from our Windows 7 machine and also when created a new VM and booting straight to the ISO.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Maio312
Contributor
Contributor

make sure your sufficient resources (memory ,cpu,)

nishant
0 Kudos
T180985
Expert
Expert

I would be suprised if that was a supported configuration. That being sad, this is probably driver related check this link How To - How to fix Windows 10 HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED error | Tom's Hardware Forum

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue. How to post effectively on VMTN https://communities.vmware.com/people/daphnissov/blog/2018/12/05/how-to-ask-for-help-on-tech-forums
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Moved to Virtual Machine, Guest OS & VM Tools > Windows

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos