VMware Cloud Community
clamaz
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 10 20h2 / 1909 Guest on vsphere 6.7 random shutdown

Hi I'm facing with this problem with some VMs win 10 latest version 20h2 or older like 1909.
They shutdown randomly. No bluescreen, no error, Just regular shutdon (no restart) I have to start manually.

The problem is that I don't know when they random shutdown, and so it happens that users are unable to connect with those VMs (used as virtual remote desktop)

This is not linked with windows update restart. It could happen once a week, sometime after 10 days....no rule

In windows event log I can see: event id 1074: The process C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exe (COMPUTERNAME) has initiated the power off of a computer (COMPUTERNAME) on behalf of user DOMAIN\REMOTEVMUSER for the following reason: Other (Unplanned)”

I posted question on ms forum with no results

It seems it is a common random problem without certain solution.

Any ideas?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@clamaz 

I just did a Google search for “REMOTEVMUSER” and every result referred to things which were Microsoft-specific, so I doubt there’s anything on the vSphere side that either causes this or could prevent it.

For that reason, as a forum moderator I’m moving this thread to the Windows guest area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos