VMware Cloud Community
lansti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Windows 10 - 1903 - Missing CAlculator and Stickynotes after deploying golden image.

Hi, working on a golden image, and when i deploy this to my testenvironment, basic applications like Sticky Notes and Calculator are missing.

When my users, who not are admins, need these applications, they need to go to MS Store(Wich is disabled by GPO)...

In my Golden image, i'm able to start both of these without any questions.

If i turn off the GPO policy, i get a message like:"you need an app to open the ms-calculator app"

How can i ensure that Sticky notes and Calculator ARE installed on my golden image, and is it possible to locate the .EXE files somewhere?

Br

Best regards
Lansti
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
VirtuallyANewb
Contributor
Contributor

We are experiencing this same problem. Calculator and other default apps are present in the Golden Image, but users aren't seeing it (or lose it after a period of time). We have non-persistent clones, windows 10 1803.

0 Kudos
EecITSupport
Contributor
Contributor

Same happened in my environment as well.  It also locked the ability for user personalize desktop background.  Anyone found a fix for this yet?

0 Kudos
EecITSupport
Contributor
Contributor

I think I figured it out.  If you are using the latest OS Optimization tool, the sub menus that allow you to tick various options such as keep Windows Store Apps, Allow user to change background DO NOT WORK.  You still need to go through each Optimization lines and untick individually.  Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
TS99
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever resolve this issue? We are having the same issue, Users currently working on a 1803 and calc and stickys are working, we have a new 20H2 image (which calcs and sticky notes open on template) but when a user that has an existing profile from 1803 logs in, calc and stickys are missing.

0 Kudos
jeff33702
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here.  Does it have to do with the start menu layout?  How can we force a new one if the user already has some persistent data?

0 Kudos
pdizzle8188
Contributor
Contributor

I wrote an article on my site for how to side load an app without the MS Store.

https://pathandy.com/how-to-side-load-an-application-from-the-ms-store/

0 Kudos