VMware Cloud Community
Grzesiekk
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

VMRC /RDP image quality

Would anyone have any idea is it possible to get better quality of text on RDP/ VMRC  when connecting to windows ? I have compared two PS7 console windows , the right one is a windows from my own pc, and the left one is from the VMRC fullscreen. It's the same if i do RDP, webconsole, VMRC, text has bad quality.

Grzesiekk_0-1641565600504.png

--- @blog https://grzegorzkulikowski.info
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Topstep1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I could see verifying that "smooth edges on screen fonts" is selected and check the performance quality in MSTSC settings (if you are using that)

(right chick "THIS PC" go to Properties, then Advanced System Settings and click 'Performance' to find the Font Smoothing

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Topstep1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I could see verifying that "smooth edges on screen fonts" is selected and check the performance quality in MSTSC settings (if you are using that)

(right chick "THIS PC" go to Properties, then Advanced System Settings and click 'Performance' to find the Font Smoothing

0 Kudos
Grzesiekk
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I can't believe this... this was it !!! 

I can't stress enough how i am grateful for pointing this out to me ! 

THANK YOU  SOOOO MUCH !!!  

//I forgot that i was using some optimizer on my windows instance, and it had to disable all those nice looking features.

--- @blog https://grzegorzkulikowski.info
0 Kudos
Topstep1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Glad I could help. ... don't get me started on that Optimize stuff; I had to reinstall my Surface Pro X today. I could not get the brightness to go down. And the Power Management was really screwed. Microsoft made some very delicate settings to optimize this device's use of power, remembering it has a Snap Dragon SQ1 Chip (ARM Processor).

Windows 11 Enterprise Dev build 22526 (wonderful Operating System)

0 Kudos