VMware Cloud Community
skylimey
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to type inside Password box - Outlook Add Account

Workstation 15.5, Win10 Pro Guest on Win 10 Pro Host. 

Guest a clone of actual hardware.

When trying to add an account into outlook, everything works fine until Outlook asks for a password, but it is impossible to type (or 'paste') into the password box.  Similarly when trying to change password.

Not sure what to try next. 

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

Martin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

In which case I'd be surprised if it's an issue specific to Workstation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

So you have no keyboard input at all, or just in certain apps/windows?

I've read threads in the past where a keyboard driver from when the OS was physical needed to be removed...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
skylimey
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Everything else, all other keyboard input works fine everywhere else (I'm typing this in the Guest)

Mouse input/click in the password input dialog box - works fine.

Just cant type in the Outlook password dialog box.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

In which case I'd be surprised if it's an issue specific to Workstation.

0 Kudos
skylimey
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Had to run ctfmon.exe to get the right MS keyboard sorted.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator: Thread moved to the Windows guest area, seeing as this was not a VMware-related issue.

0 Kudos