VMware Cloud Community
mkhurram92
Contributor
Contributor

Stop code: Critical Process Died (blue screen error) - ESXi 6.6 virtual machine

Hi everyone,

Virtual machine was working perfectly since long. Suddenly restarted and start giving this blue screen error.WhatsApp Image 2020-10-07 at 6.08.24 PM.jpeg

My server has following configuration.

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-07 at 7.03.51 PM.jpeg

What could be possible fix for this ? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Khurram

Message was edited by: Khurram Shahzad

Message was edited by: Khurram Shahzad

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
nachogonzalez
Commander
Commander

Hey, hope you are doing fine:

Do you have more virtual machines on the ESXi host? that could help us narrow down the scope on what we are looking for

Does the Windows 10 VM have VMware tools installed?
Have you checked Windows 10 events?

How to Use Event Viewer in Windows 10 - dummies
Have you checked vmware.log on the VM?View VM Logs

Does vmkernel.log indicate some error at the time of the failure? ESXi Log File Locations

0 Kudos
mkhurram92
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

thanks for your response. there are other four machines on this. It’s Windows server 2016. Ca’t see anything in event logs.

Its going in recover mode but when I am trying to logging with safe mode or last known configuration. same error is coming again and again.

I saw something strange on it a day ago. Windows updates were hanged on 0%. I have tried to stop and start the service and then it was hanged on 9%. I’m sure this problem occurred due to Windows updates.

How I can verify it ? Any way ?

Regards,

Khurram

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Not sure this is an ESXi matter, seems more like an issue for a Microsoft user forum than a VMware one.

Do you have a backup, a replica, or a snapshot of the VM from before the Windows update issue happened?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
mkhurram92
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I don’t have any back to restore.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Thread moved to the Windows guest area, based on the information presented this is not an ESXi matter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos