VMware Cloud Community
mardukx
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How print in win98 a PDF file as a (printer)

hi all, I recover a disk drive with a legacy softwre on my work, have to print different report in txt or word, but i cant print to a file or print to the host.

I read and try all methods but not have much knowledge in VM

Wich method do you recomend to get faster te files to print?

regards!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

1. As a moderator I’ve moved this thread to Virtual Machine, Guest OS & VM Tools > Windows

2. The only VMware-centric solution was in the thread link I posted before, if you can’t find a legacy “print to PDF” solution for Windows 98 online I would suggest posting on a Microsoft forum

Try this (found via Google): PDF Creator on Windows 98? - English Help - pdfforge forums

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Should be the same as in this thread: How to set up printer in windows 95

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
mardukx
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks for your answer, the method to get files using floppy works, but the problem it is to the legacy program try to print in windows and cant export to a PDF or to host printer (windows 10).

I try with different PDF creators like primoPDF but dont work they send me an error to cant locate primoPort....

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

1. As a moderator I’ve moved this thread to Virtual Machine, Guest OS & VM Tools > Windows

2. The only VMware-centric solution was in the thread link I posted before, if you can’t find a legacy “print to PDF” solution for Windows 98 online I would suggest posting on a Microsoft forum

Try this (found via Google): PDF Creator on Windows 98? - English Help - pdfforge forums

0 Kudos
mardukx
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I found that link before but isn't work, I install an updated and try again and works.

Regards

0 Kudos