VMware Cloud Community
ttsvetanov
Contributor
Contributor

Hang at Win 10 boot screen after Windows 10 automatic update & restart

Hello,

I have a couple of Win-10 x64 VMs in esxi managed by vSphere Client version 6.5.0.10000 . The updates are automatic and they perform automatic restart of the windows. Sometimes the machine is stuck int endless hang on spinner on startup in Windows 10 . The machine in this situation need a reboot and after the reboot the problem is fixed. It's very annoying and it happens very frequently.

Thank you.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Moved to Virtual Machine, Guest OS and VM Tools > Windows

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
ttsvetanov
Contributor
Contributor

The problem is still persists! Please for some advice.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This has nothing to do with you running Windows in a VMware VM - it's a Microsoft matter so you should really be asking somewhere like this: Results in Windows - Microsoft Community

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos