VMware Cloud Community
aa2017
Contributor
Contributor

Creating 2 partitions within one drive

I am trying to install Windows 10 on a disk of size 200GB. I just need 100GB allocated for Windows 10 OS and the extended partition should allocated for Apps. How can I create a single 200GB drive and partition it as C and D. This is for MCS for Citrix virtual desktop.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Why does it need to be on one disk?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The same as you would on a physical system.

Moderator: Moving thread to the Virtual Machine, Guest OS & VM Tools > Windows area

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Aside from the fact that I'd rather use two virtual disks - one for each partition - than a single partitioned one, you basically have two option to achieve your goal. Either partition the disk during the initial Win10 installation, or use Disk Management from within the guest to reduce the C: partition, and then create the 😧 partition.

André

0 Kudos
aa2017
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you all. I think I got it after I posted this. I used the Shrink partition to shrink it and have 2 partitions in the same virtual disk.

0 Kudos