VMware Cloud Community
TravisPetty
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can't find installed app on Windows 10 (inside of Mac 10.15.4)

Using a Mac Pro with 10.15.4 Catalina . . . Just installed VMware Fusion, got Windows 10 Home up and running . . . inside of Windows, I installed an app from Canon called EOS Webcam Utility Beta. Install went great.

BUT . . . I can't find the app.

I can go to Starts--Settings--Apps . . . and I see it on the list, with an option to Modify or Uninstall.

But when I go to Start and Look for it in the list, it's not there.
Tried the search bar, it doesn't pull up.

Here's a screen recording of the issue:

Dropbox - Screen Recording 2020-05-27 at 11.13.54 AM.mov - Simplify your life

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you,

Travis

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The instructions sort-of suggest that this utility doesn't have its own user-interface and so it is not expected to show up in the start menu.

Once you have the utility installed, it looks like you will need to reboot Windows, and then connect your camera using a USB cable, turn the camera on in Movie Mode, ensure that the USB device is forwarded to the virtual machine, then launch (in the VM) whichever program you intend to use for videoconferencing, and configure it to use the EOS Webcam Utility camera.

--

Darius

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator: Thread moved to the Windows guest area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The instructions sort-of suggest that this utility doesn't have its own user-interface and so it is not expected to show up in the start menu.

Once you have the utility installed, it looks like you will need to reboot Windows, and then connect your camera using a USB cable, turn the camera on in Movie Mode, ensure that the USB device is forwarded to the virtual machine, then launch (in the VM) whichever program you intend to use for videoconferencing, and configure it to use the EOS Webcam Utility camera.

--

Darius

0 Kudos
TravisPetty
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

AH, Yes! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

0 Kudos