VMware Modern Apps Community
admin
Immortal
Immortal

What options are available for source matching when creating maintenance windows?

I'm trying to create maintenance windows for both individual hosts and for entire environments. Our source names are formatted environment-ID-IP. For example, prod-i-12736123d-1.1.1.1. I've tried the following in the source field when creating a maintenance window: prod, prod*, i-12736123d, and *i-12736123d*. However, none of these work. Only the full source name works (prod-i-12736123d-1.1.1.1).

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Eric,

Source names specified in maintenance windows have to be an exact match - alternatively, you could use source tags to cover arbitrary groups of sources. Hope this helps!

-Vasily

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Vasily,

Thank you for the clarification. I see that tag paths are supported for alert tags. Are tag paths supported in source tags and what would be the way to way to cover arbitrary groups? For example, if I wanted to cover only us-west production MongoDB nodes, would a west.prod.mongo tag work? Also, if I wanted to cover all us-west MongoDB nodes, would a west.*.mongo tag work? Also, if tag paths do work for source tags, can I use multiple *s? For example, west.*.mongo* (for both west.prod.mongo-master and west.staging.mongo-slave)

0 Kudos