VMware Cloud Community
jkpk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Oracle ECM\UCM on VMware vSphere 5.0

Hi All,

I am working with providing a solution for Oracle ECM\UCM on VMware vSphere 5.0.

Need documents\suggestions\solutions guide in implementing the above.

Regards,

JKPK

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Simon_H
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi JKPK

ECM/UCM (formerly Stellant) is now known as WebCenter Content. The support position is described in MOS 445925.1 "WebCenter Content Server Support Policy for Products on VMware and "Virtual Computers"" which then refers to the usual MOS 249212.1.

Regarding installation on vSphere I don't think you need to treat it any differently to a normal physical installation, i.e. using the regular Oracle documentation here: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/webcontent.htm (that's PS5 so if you're on an older version you'll need its documentation set).

HTH

Simon

jkpk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dear Simon,

Thank you for the information. Is there any sizing calculator available for that. Like an excel sheet.

My scenario is this. I will implement Test environment first and gonna push it to production.

Any sizing, design materials for Oracle applications will help me a lot.

Thank you for your time. Below information was really helpful.

Regards,

JKPK

0 Kudos
Simon_H
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I haven't come across any public sizing tool yet, plus WebCenter is a big suite of products so it depends on functionality provided to your users and how they use it. I have heard of Oracle pre-sales providing sizing info (though you may find that is larger than you can get away with - depending on how much risk you are prepared to take) so if you're an Oracle Partner your partner manager may be able to help you. See a few comments  here too: https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=10116019

The safest way it almost certainly to try and benchmark your particular portal yourself, although that could be quite a time consuming exercise and, if you're not very careful, prone to inaccuracy due to usage assumptions.

HTH

Simon

continuum
Immortal
Immortal

@ Simon
Your last post has been reported as abuse of the forum.

I dont see an abuse here - but I can imagine that someone regards your last two sentences as rude and unfriendly.

@ both of you

Please continue this discussion in a friendly way

http://sanbarrow.com/gifs/cheers.gif

Ulli

0 Kudos
jkpk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi continuum,

If you are a moderator, requesting you to remove my report against Simon.

Regards,

JKPK

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

I spoke to Simon already

all is settled now
I hope you get your issue solved

Ulli

0 Kudos