VMware Cloud Community
snake97
Contributor
Contributor

vmworld 2008 at Cannes France

Hello !,

is somebody knows how to subscribe to pass the VCP during the vmworld at Cannes ?

Does somebody know if there are questions regarding new vmware 3.5 version in the VCP ?

Thank your all !

Regards,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Yattong
Expert
Expert

Hi,

You will have to register for the exam when you are there. You can do it the same day as registration.

And it wont take long for them to download the exam so be prepared.

3.5 will be in the exam later on in the year. There is a thread that says in May?

But VMworld2008 is in Feb so you should be safe.

See you there!

Good Luck

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points ~y
0 Kudos
snake97
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, thanks a lot for your answer, I found information about the new VCP with 3.5 questions:

http://mylearn1.vmware.com/portals/certification/

it seems to be for the 1 of march:

VCP On VMware ESX Server 3.5 and Virtual Center 2.5 available March 1st, 2008

Current holders of the VCP for VMware Infrastructure 3 will not be required to refresh their certification for VMware ESX Server 3.5 and VMware VirtualCenter 2.5. Candidates who have taken one of the qualifying courses for the VCP on Virtual Infrastructure 3.0 and have not taken the test are encouraged to do so as soon as possible. Beginning March 1st, 2008 questions on VMware ESX Server 3.5 and VMware Virtual Center 2.5 may appear on the exam. Candidates who have taken VMware ESX Server 3.0 and VMware Virtual Center 2.0 classes and DO NOT take the test prior to March 1st, 2008 will have the following options to learn about the new software versions. 1. Self study and hands on experience. 2. What's New e-learning offerings from VMware What's New classes will not be required for those attempting the exam, but are recommended as an information source.

Regarding VCP during vmworld I hope the are enough place for everybody want to pass the VCP Smiley Happy

Regards

0 Kudos
Yattong
Expert
Expert

Can I ask why you especially want to do the exam at the conference?

Do you not have a closer examination venue?

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points ~y
0 Kudos
snake97
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I would like to pass the vcp during the vmworld because I'm pretty sure not have time to do it before.

Do you think it's not a good idea to do it there ? do you know if it's possible to pre-subscribe for the vcp at the vmworld ?

I hope they will not change vcp with 3.5 questions the day of the vmworld Smiley Happy

Regards

0 Kudos
Yattong
Expert
Expert

Well, If you pass your exam beforehand, your entry fee / registration for VMworld is half price. Thats all really.

Plus, my boss who went to the last VMworld in SF got a voucher/promo code so that I got 30% off the exam.

I think there maybe extra pressure doing it at a conference, no?!?

Good Luck

If you've found any comments helpful, please allocate points accordingly.