VMware Cloud Community
dingding
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

search: difference between discussion and communities

i often use the powerful search tools in VMTN. but i don't know the difference between these two check box: discussion & communities.

i can find help about search syntax, but no for these options. anybody know this.

sorry i put the thread here because i find nowhere to put it.

---- Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

Discussions will only search posted questions and threads, communities will include Documents ie "All Contents"

Tom Howarth

VMware Communities User Moderator

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
dingding
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

so "communities" mean ALL, is that correct.

it's a bit confuse me, that there's also a "Documents" check box.

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

the Documents check box just searches Documents, the forum is designed for expansion, there may become a time when there is another tab other than Discussions, Documents and All Content. this would result in the addition of another check box call "new tab label" and Communities would still be the sum total of all tabs

Tom Howarth

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
dingding
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i see, thanks.

0 Kudos