VMware Cloud Community
allankno1006
Contributor
Contributor

migrate 21 VMs from one cloud to another cloud

I need to migrate 21 VMs from one cloud to another cloud, with storage ranging from 300GB to 22,000GB, which is recommended to use to do it properly

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

HCX?

https://www.vmware.com/products/hcx.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
allankno1006
Contributor
Contributor

thanks¡¡¡

with this tool can i migrate from citrix to vmware?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Citrix don’t actually host VMs on clouds do they?

What is the source hosting platform? And what do you want the destination hosting platform to be? (Be as specific as possible)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
MattFordVCP1978
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Many factors involved in this.

Maybe use a backup tool like Veeam

Cold lift and shift using the backend NAS or SAN

Could be solutions outside of using anything from VMware.

MHennekens
Contributor
Contributor

When we did our DC migration we used Veeam to replicate VM's from one DC to the other. That way you perform a staged migration by replicating the bulk of the data upfront, and only sync the last changed blocks on the migration day. Worked flawlessly.

allankno1006
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, look citrix is ​​the virtual machine manager and it is mounted on IBM cloud, they want to migrate those virtual machines to another data center called KIO network, but instead of citrix they want to mount it on vmware.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VMware is a company, sounds like KIO Networks might be a VMware Cloud Provider Program (VCPP) partner - has anyone asked KIO Networks how the migration to their platform might be done? https://www.kionetworks.com/en/migration

0 Kudos