VMware Cloud Community
JDLangdon
Expert
Expert

What is worse?

Passing the VCP exam with 70% and knowing that if you had of answered one more question wrong you would have failed or passing with 83% and knowing that if you had of answered one more question correctly you would have passed with VCI status?

Jason

0 Kudos
7 Replies
martco
Contributor
Contributor

option B

because you get stuck in this loop where you can't retake the exam cos you're already VCP

trying to get my sceanrio (exactly this) fixed at present

0 Kudos
TitanFan
Contributor
Contributor

Passing the exam with an 85% is not the only requirement to become an instructor. You must also do a co-teach, where a certified instructor employed by VMware signs off on you as an instructor.

The co-teacher I had, Steve Bradshaw, was outstanding!!!

0 Kudos
Ripley8
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Failing three times with less than 50 would be way worse!!!

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Bill,

You must be New Age's newest VCI. You're working with another great VCI, John Davis.

You're right, Steven Bradshaw is great. I sat in his VI2 class (the second 4-day course on the old 2.5 stuff). He is a wealth of knowledge...especially on the SAN stuff.

Glad to see another trainer is participating on the forums. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. Tell everyone at New Age I said hello.

Chris

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

hopefully that statement is not spoken from the voice of experiance. that really would be a major downer

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
Ripley8
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

True, I passed at 90 after failing with 69, so I was nearly in that place. Needed the 85 to get the VCI mark.

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

69 that's a nice number to fail at Smiley Wink

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos