VMware Cloud Community
GlenMarquis2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware/Virtualization Website....

Hi All,

I have no idea how to build a website for selling my VMware/Virtualization professional services Smiley Wink

Seriously nothing fancy just a few pages of info etc, can anyone help?

Kind Regards,

Glen.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Hope that none of your future customers will see this post Smiley Wink

Ask some kids in the neighborhood - they will tell you how to create a basic website in one afternoon.

0 Kudos
GlenMarquis2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yeah, but.

They all 2-3 years old, now what?

0 Kudos
rschmidt1300
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Glen,

There is a lot to consider when making a company website. To your customers it can be the first impression they have of you and if it is not done professionally it can be the last impression too. You could learn to do basic website design in a day but the sites you make will likely look very amateur. You could use a template file that you buy off the web but unless you can customize it the site can still come off as looking less than professional. If you want your site to make a good impression and be an asset I would consider having it done by a professional. They are not that expensive to have done and can be well worth the investment. A web site is a business tool just like ESX Server. I wouldn't want someone with only a few days of experience designing my ESX farm in the same way I wouldn't want my website designed by someone with limited design experience.

Good Luck,

Rob

PS. You can learn a lot from 3 year olds. Mine teaches me new tricks to extend bedtime every night.

Message was edited by:

rschmidt1300

0 Kudos
GlenMarquis2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I agree, this is why I am not going to attempt it myself.

But designing your VI3 infrastructure I can, my point is.

!!!DOES ANYONE HAVE ANYONE THEY CAN RECOMMEND!!!

0 Kudos
rschmidt1300
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My bad. I don't have anyone to recommend but you might try looking on craigslist.com. There are always people there that want to setup web pages and they would be local to you. You can see their portfolios to see if they do decent work before you hire them and they are usually pretty low priced..

0 Kudos
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal

You might try some of the hosted services like GoDaddy WebSite Tonight. I used that for a few months to build my website before I switched to using Dreamweaver and doing it myself. It was quick and easy and you do not need any web skills, they provide the online editor and will host it for you also. It only costs about $10/month, you can also register your domain name with them.

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/hosting/hosting_build_website.asp?ci=9028

0 Kudos
Ken_Cline
Champion
Champion

Has craigslist stretched across the pond to the UK? While you don't really have to be local to do a website design/build, it does help to make sure the "culture" is right.

I'd suggest browsing some local websites and finding the ones that you like. Most sites that are built by outsourced professionals have an attribution on them somewhere. Look up the companies that have done some sites that you like and start negotiating.

Ken Cline VMware vExpert 2009 VMware Communities User Moderator Blogging at: http://KensVirtualReality.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
BonesMandu
Contributor
Contributor

start here

http://www.overthetop.org.uk/

if you don't like them then try http://www.timrendle.com/

cheers

0 Kudos
GlenMarquis2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Points will be awarded soon, any more recommendations?

.....please.

0 Kudos
rschmidt1300
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I just checked and craigslist does have an entry for London. It doesn't look as populated as some of the locations in the US but there were some groups advertising website design and in time I'm sure it will pick up.

0 Kudos
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal

Also see...

Yahoo web site builder software[/url]

web.com "Make a Website"[/url]

Message was edited by:

ken.cline@hp.com to shorten the URL

0 Kudos