VMware Cloud Community
JDLangdon
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

VMWorld - Training and Exams

Does anyone know if VMware will be offering training and/or certification exams during the VMworld conference?

Jason

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dmaster
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello JDLangdon,

I visited VMworld Europe 2008 and a collegue of my visited VMworld 2007 on both events, there was an exam centre available.

But it's not free, you have to pay for it.

i suspect this will be the same @ VMworld 2008 and VMworld Europe 2009

You can also join the LAB's for hands-on experience.. this is free.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
dmaster
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello JDLangdon,

I visited VMworld Europe 2008 and a collegue of my visited VMworld 2007 on both events, there was an exam centre available.

But it's not free, you have to pay for it.

i suspect this will be the same @ VMworld 2008 and VMworld Europe 2009

You can also join the LAB's for hands-on experience.. this is free.

0 Kudos
mwmethe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I believe the ESX VCP cert requires the class as well as a test correct?

-mwm

http://www.blatbox.com

dmaster
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes you need also to follow one of the following class courses for your VCP certification:

Installing and Configuring VI3

Deploy Secure and Analyze VI3

or the fast track program that contains both Installing and Configuring VI3 and Deploy Secure and Analyze VI3

JDLangdon
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Considering that the VCP can be taken just about anywhere, I was thinking more along the lines of the Enterprise lab exam.

Jason

0 Kudos
dmaster
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Is VCP certfication not required before taking the Enterprise lab exam ?

0 Kudos
williamarrata
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I guess the best way to answer this would be to, Take the required classes or class to obtain the the privilage to take the test and pass. Once you've got your VCP you can grow in any direction you want. I myself have taken all the latest classes and have obtained VCP and VSP. You can do the VSP and VTSP on line, these are also good to have under your belt. Why you ask, MONEY, MOOO MONEY. Trust me, the more paper you have the more paper you make.

Hope that helped. Smiley Happy

Hope that helped. 🙂
0 Kudos
JDLangdon
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Is VCP certfication not required before taking the Enterprise lab exam ?

You're missing the point of my question. Anyone wishing to certify as VCP can take the exam at just about any testing center. However, considering that the Enterprise exam is only available 11 locations world wide and considering that some people will be traveling 1/2 way around the world to attend VMworld, wouldn't it be nice if those of you who are attending VMWolrd could take the the Enterprise exam while in Las Vegas? This way, you wouldn't have to make a special, second trip to a testing center.

0 Kudos
dmaster
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

ahh i get your point ;\..

Yeah did should be very usefull and efficient...

I have no idea if VMware have the intention to also facillitate in the Enterprise exam during their events.

0 Kudos