VMware Cloud Community
JDLangdon
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

VI3 Book, Any Word?

Has there been any updates as to when the VI3 book will be released?

Jason

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
esloof
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I had an interview with Mike at the VMworld in SF.
Mike Laverick about the BOOK

This morning Mike Laverick and I sat side to side blogging live at the Wednesday keynote. We were not the only live bloggers. The others are Scott Lowe, Bob Plankers , Bouke Groenescheij, Viktor van den Berg and Alessandro Perilli. The frist keynote was a bit boring and Mr. Chambers from Cisco talked like he was standing in a church . At the end of the keynotes and the discussion panel I grabbed my recording device and asked Mike Laverick from RTFM-Education a few questions. You will hear all about the keynote and when we can expect the VI 3book Use this link to listen to the interview.The professional photographer Viktor van den Berg shoot some really nice pictures today.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Not heard anything new since I spoke to Mike in November of last year.

Tom Howarth

VMware Communities User Moderator

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
Lanmeister
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm beginning to think this book itself is going to be virtual. I have had e-mails with Glasshouse Technologies (I think Ron Oglesby is linked in there somehow) and they are now saying they have no idea when this book is coming out. I have e-mailed Brian Madden and he hasn't even had the courtesy to respond. Ron Oglesby himself is so elusive, I can't track an e-mail address for him. And as for Scott Herold ??

0 Kudos
esloof
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I had an interview with Mike at the VMworld in SF.
Mike Laverick about the BOOK

This morning Mike Laverick and I sat side to side blogging live at the Wednesday keynote. We were not the only live bloggers. The others are Scott Lowe, Bob Plankers , Bouke Groenescheij, Viktor van den Berg and Alessandro Perilli. The frist keynote was a bit boring and Mr. Chambers from Cisco talked like he was standing in a church . At the end of the keynotes and the discussion panel I grabbed my recording device and asked Mike Laverick from RTFM-Education a few questions. You will hear all about the keynote and when we can expect the VI 3book Use this link to listen to the interview.The professional photographer Viktor van den Berg shoot some really nice pictures today.

0 Kudos
citrix_guy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We have authors editions now. Full content, no index or TOC and are basically handing some out to "friends and family" as it were. The book is being transfered into final print layout, and if you stop by and see any of us in Cannes this month you will be able to see the hardcopies Smiley Happy

Ron

just some guy...