VMware Cloud Community
bbookman
Expert
Expert

VCP310 - advice

I am sitting in VI3 class and the instructor says the best way to prepair for the VCP310 exam is to study using the blueprint at:

http://mylearn1.vmware.com/lcms/mL_faq/528/VCP%20on%20VI3%20Blueprint.pdf

One big worry I have is that I have seen a lot of posts saying the best way to study is to use the product. However, I'm limited in my access to enough resources to play with the product and it's options. (My reason for getting VCP may be very different from your usual VCP)

Can anyone offer some advice? Other than the blueprint, can anyone offer some advice on how to focus my studies?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Ken_Cline
Champion
Champion

The blueprint defines exactly what areas of knowledge will be covered on the exam. If it's not on the blueprint, it's not on the exam...

Ken Cline VMware vExpert 2009 VMware Communities User Moderator Blogging at: http://KensVirtualReality.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
dandeane
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If I were you I would study through the course materials, read all of the white papers and other VI3 papers, and use the forums here to get answers to questions that you need a hand with. Also just reading some of the other forum posts and questions can shed light on things as well.

Good luck

0 Kudos
JDLangdon
Expert
Expert

(My reason for getting VCP may be very different from

your usual VCP)

Just curious, but what is your reason for getting VCP that it may be very different from the usual VCP?

My reason for taking the VCP2 exam was career advancement with my current employeer.

Jason

0 Kudos
MartijnLo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ehh, you are product support engineer for VMware and you can't get your hands on a lab environment for your VCP study ?

0 Kudos
IB_IT
Expert
Expert

read the pdf's online...good stuff.

0 Kudos
jcayer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In addition to all the reading, consider picking up a test box or 2 off ebay. You can sell it back there afterward and really only be out the shipping if you can turn it around fast. Just make sure it is on the HCL.

Josh

0 Kudos
Ripley8
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

In addition to all the reading, consider picking up a

test box or 2 off ebay. You can sell it back there

afterward and really only be out the shipping if you

can turn it around fast. Just make sure it is on the

HCL.

Josh

Is it just me or have low end ESX compatible boxes started getting really expensive lately? Servers that would have cost 2-300 quid are going for 350-400 plus!

0 Kudos
crazex
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Why are we bumping a thread from almost 6 months ago?

-Jon-

-Jon- VMware Certified Professional
0 Kudos
Ripley8
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Boredom?

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

supply and demand old boy, supply and demand. Smiley Happy

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
Ripley8
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Indubitably. I would imagine this is one of those inquiries that gets generated often,and the answer isn't going to change too much.

0 Kudos