VMware Cloud Community
russjar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCP Welcome kit...

Hi,

I really don't know if VMware have got there sh1t together. Why, it's been 6 weeks to the day and I still haven't received the VCP welcome kit. The VMware web site says allow 4-6 weeks for delevery, however the when I sat the exam it sais there allow 30 days. Inconsistant, and I still don't have anything to formally prove I am a VCP.

VCP,MCSE NT4/W2k/W2k3, MCSA W2k3
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Nibor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I would say use your exam result printout as a proof for the time being.

0 Kudos
dconvery
Champion
Champion

A coworker just got his after about six weeks. They are really backed up. Patience...

Dave Convery, VCDX-DCV #20 ** http://www.tech-tap.com ** http://twitter.com/dconvery ** "Careful. We don't want to learn from this." -Bill Watterson, "Calvin and Hobbes"
0 Kudos
russjar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It's been 9 weeks now! Still no kit.

Apparently they sent one to an incorrect address, where they got the address I don't know. The email I received said they used the address from Pearson VUE but my VUE profile was up-to-date, so to was my VMware profile. I have emailed the generic certification email address again, have I received a response, NO! And of course I have been just lucky that I haven't been asked for formal eveidence in job interviews, otherwise I would've been stuffed!!!! This is nothing short of pathetic, it can't be that hard surely..?

To rub salt into the wound, I did a Microsoft exam ~2 weeks after the VCP exam, and guess what I have received that certificate....

I hope someone from VMware reads this and something gets done because going through the normal channels clearly doesn't work.

0 Kudos
MollyK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sir -

Your kit is being re-printed and shipped to your current address via FedEx. We apologize for the delay in getting a kit to you and thank your for your patience. If you do need proof of certification please feel free to email me directly at molly at vmware dot com and we can verify your certification for any future employers.

Regards,

Molly

0 Kudos
russjar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Molly appreciate the feedback...

0 Kudos
vmcms
Contributor
Contributor

In some ways VMware today reminds me a lot of Microsoft circa 1992. Fantastic, explosive growth underway and they are trying to catch up building the organization to support it all. VMware's advantages include better products and better users.

0 Kudos