VMware Cloud Community
tmcd35
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCP Revision question

I've just downloaded Rob Schmidt's flash cards. I've been reading through them, surprised at how many I know the answer to without thinking about it Smiley Wink - when I cane across this question:

'What is the default run mode for an ESX Server installation?

The answer given is:

'Graphical Mode'

is this correct? I was under the impression that the server booted into Run Level 3, well the service console at any rate, which is text mode. Certainly my ESX server displays a text screen inviting me to login via a web browser. Have I misunderstood the question, the answer or is the answer given wrong?

Thanx

Terry

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
msmenne17
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The question can be read two ways. It could be worded better.

1) The INSTALLATION iteself defaults to graphical mode. This would make the given answer correct.

2) AFTER installation, the default runmode is text.

Given the answer, the question should be:

What is the default mode during installation for ESX Server?

Michael

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
msmenne17
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The question can be read two ways. It could be worded better.

1) The INSTALLATION iteself defaults to graphical mode. This would make the given answer correct.

2) AFTER installation, the default runmode is text.

Given the answer, the question should be:

What is the default mode during installation for ESX Server?

Michael

0 Kudos
tmcd35
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for the quick reply.

Indeed I did miss read the intention of the question. Of course the installation of the ESX software onto the server is in graphical mode.

Cheers

0 Kudos
msmenne17
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I would have initially read it the same way you did. There are alot of questions on the VCP exam that I felt were poorly worded.

I would have considered an "installation" a running installation of ESX, not the actuall installation program.

0 Kudos