VMware Cloud Community
BoucheJ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCP Fast Track Program

Has anyone taken this class? Is it worth it and how can I find out the schedule for the North Carolina area? They don't have much about the Fast Track program on the VM site except to email the education people. Opinions on the class would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jomccon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm taking this course in August. Anyone who's taken it have any opinions on it. How well does it prepare your for the VCP exam?

0 Kudos
JDLangdon
Expert
Expert

I spoke with a gentlemen last week who was asked to teach one of these courses. The course is 10 hours per day of in class work for 5 days with two instructors who split the workload of instruction.

Not my idea of a good training session.

Jason

0 Kudos
vmNewb35
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I agree with you here Jason...there is such a thing as TOO MUCH information in one sitting. But, I guess there are those who learn in different ways.

The ideal class would be: arrive at 10 a.m....lunch at 12...leave at 2...b33r at 2:30 Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
david615
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've taken July fast track course in Boston. It is basically two classes combined in to one: Install & config and Deploy, secure and analyze. It is 8-6 class for five days. Sometimes we ate lunch while doing the lab to keep things going. If you are don't have two weeks to take two classes, I recommend this class if you can handle the load.

David

http://powerclinic.blogspot.com/
0 Kudos
Regalrip
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just completed the Fast Track Course in London.

As mentioned above it combines Install & Configure with Deploy, Secure and Analyze into 5 days. We did most of Install & Configure in the first 2 days and DSA in just over 2 days. Although we worked at a good pace the structure was mostly a hour or 2 of theory followed by labs and so on . Breaks for lunch and ample sugar & caffeine provided to help on some of the dry theory bits. Most of the last day was spent on troubleshooting various labs and some brave souls even left to write the exam at end of play.

This is definitely a recommendation. All the facts driven home with some lab experience. Credit to the Instructor for keeping it all at peak.

0 Kudos
AMcCreath
Commander
Commander

Currently taking the course at Magirus in Bracknell.

1st day is slow going - VMware product info and basic installation.

Day 2 is gewtting better (Network & Storage).

Will report back....

0 Kudos