VMware Cloud Community
thechicco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCP Course in London

Morning all,

going to take the plunge soon and book my course. Just not sure who with at the moment.

Anybody got recommendations for the VCP course at a London based place?

Cheers,

Dale

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Big_Ry
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Dale

I did mine recently at the New Horizons training office at Old Street.

Booked through through www.FiveIT.co.uk. The trainer was called Matthew Carver, and he was VERY knowledgeable.

Go for it.

Cheers

Ryan

0 Kudos
thechicco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Cheers Ryan. I done my CCNA at New Horizons on Old St.

I've heard some good things about ETC as well.

0 Kudos
Ripley8
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Magirus do lots of training on VMware (and they trained a lot of VMwares own people).

0 Kudos
LiamGP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I did mine at IBM's Samson House (Southwark). The trainer was a guy called Jason Farrow and seemed to know anything I asked him.

It was booked through Business Training Partnership http://www.btp.uk.com/ and cost £2000pp

Building was nice and lunch was included. 5-10 mins walk from Southwark tube station.

0 Kudos
chandlm
Expert
Expert

Does the New Horizons course there count for VCP requirements? I was just curious because in the US it does not (specifically asked before we got anyone signed up).

0 Kudos
Ripley8
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

New Horizons in the UK offer vmware training through ETC, a separate training company. Their courses will qualify for VCP status.

0 Kudos
Ripley8
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

K Liam, you can forget my question in the other VCP thread!

0 Kudos
james_izzard
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Was wondering if you have contact email address for Matt Carver. I was on the VI3 course last december and want to do the VCP exam but I need a course eval number.....

Cheers,

James

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

You might try emailing Mike Laverick. He's an excellent VMware Certified Instructor that lives in the UK...and teaches all over Europe.

He runs a great website and has been a major contributor on these forums for years.

http://www.rtfm-ed.co.uk/

I'm sure that the other trainers over there are just as good...but Mike's a friend of mine...so I thought I'd mention him. Smiley Happy

Chris

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The class evals are closed at the end of the week....so you're probably out of luck if you're wanting to submit an eval now. The best thing to do is email education@vmware.com or certification@vmware.com and let them know which/where/when class you sat...so you can get your VCP after passing the exam...otherwise, you'll be in "VCP limbo". Smiley Happy

Chris

0 Kudos
Chris_S_UK
Expert
Expert

A vote for Andy Archer too, if you get him as your trainer you'll not be disappointed.

Chris

0 Kudos
daniel_uk
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

nice lunches at ETC and fast internet in the room...what more could you want!!!!

0 Kudos
mrcreosote
Contributor
Contributor

I used Magirus in Bracknell. The instuctor was excellent (Nathan Mitchell), their set-up was good (reliable kit & correctly set-up so we didn't waste time 'coming back to that after lunch'), facilities were fine and most importantly they took us down the pub for lunch....

VMware must be happy with them as they send their own staff there.

0 Kudos
thechicco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Another vote for Magirus. My course was @ PPI Learning in Tower Hill. Course instructor was Trevor Jones, very knowledgable and a very funny guy to boot! Took us down the pub as well Smiley Happy

0 Kudos