VMware Cloud Community
amit40
Contributor
Contributor

VCP Certification

I have completed my four days VCP Training, I would like to know if I will receive any voucher for the Exam Certification are I need to pay for the Exam and book the slot directly?

How would this both be valuated (Training & Exam), do I need to provide any kind of ID for appearing the exam? Which identifies that I have attended the training?

Can I appear the Exam in this week? if so what is the process

0 Kudos
15 Replies
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal

You might check out this page, there is alot of resources and links for this on it.

http://mylearn1.vmware.com/portals/certification/

http://www.vue.com/vmware/

0 Kudos
tmcd35
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I completed the 4 day course about 2 weeks ago. According to my instructor the exam is booked via Pearson Vue at one of their meny local test centers. At the end of the four day course their was a small questionnaire that was completed regarding how the course went. As part of the question you should have entered an e-mail address. When you take the exam you must give Pearson Vue the same email address you entered for the questionnaire. So long as you pass the exam, both e-mail address are married up thus proving you have completed both parts of the certification. Congratulations you are now a VCP.

Good luck with the exam, please report back hear and let us know how it went. I'm waiting to October, after I've got more hands on practice, before sitting the exam.

0 Kudos
amit40
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the Info, I was informed by the instructor to wait for the voucher to attend the exam..

I would like to know if I will receive any voucher for the Exam are I need to pay for the Exam and book the slot directly?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The only class that I'm aware that you receive a test voucher is the 5-day Fast Track class....not the 4-day I&C or the DSA classes.

As the other poster said, at the end of class, when you filled out your eval, you should have filled in your email address. This is one way to validate that you attended the class.

Secondly, you need to go to www.vue.com and register on their site to take the exam, find a testing center, and pay your $175 exam fee.

Hope this helps,

Chris

0 Kudos
LifeGood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can I take VCP exam before I sit in the class? Is this allowed ?

btw, I'm going to take the advanced course - D.S.A. I think the most stuff covering VCP exam are in the basic course 'Install and Configure' - and I have studied the course book (borrowed from my teamate).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
vmNewb35
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You will be hard-pressed to pass the course if you solely rely on the courseware from the Install & Configure class...it's a great building block but the white papers are where you will see huge dividends.

IMHO that is.

0 Kudos
ejward
Expert
Expert

Can I take VCP exam before I sit in the class? Is

this allowed ?

btw, I'm going to take the advanced course - D.S.A.

I think the most stuff covering VCP exam are in the

basic course 'Install and Configure' - and I have

studied the course book (borrowed from my teamate).

Thanks.

I was told that the class was a requirement before you are allowed to take the test.

0 Kudos
amit40
Contributor
Contributor

Yes you can take the exam before class

0 Kudos
vmNewb35
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PearsonVue would not let me register until they had confirmed with VMWare the dates that I took the class. They explicitly asked me for these dates and didn't confirm my ability to sit the exam for almost 24 hours.

Surely this is universal isn't it???

/slightly confused about the whole process.

0 Kudos
amit40
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks to all of you ....I passed the VCP with 100% today ...

Thank you once again Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
vmNewb35
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

congrats...nice job...100% is impressive

0 Kudos
JoanieWaite
Contributor
Contributor

What resources did you use to pass the exam?

What did you feel was the tool that aided you the most?

100% is excellent! Congratulations!!!

0 Kudos
vmNewb35
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Joanie...I got a 92% on mine...not as good as this 100% posted here but I mentioned the resources I used in this post:

http://www.vmware.com/community/thread.jspa?messageID=727024&#727024

If you study those documents and the class materials you will DEFINITELY be able to sit the exam. But when I say study, you really need a deep-dive into them as some of the nuanced material is tested.

Best of luck.

0 Kudos
amit40
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Student manual, Rob Schmidt's VI3 VCP study questions.

Dont depend on Testking dumps...lots of mistakes.... If you read ..then be sure about your answer not what is in PDF

I have tested and compared every Question & Answers in my test LAB and if I am not sure I used to get the info from this forum's ...Make use of this forum's as we really have excellent experts to answer very quickly

0 Kudos
AzKev
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all,

First post for me on this forum. Many more to come I'm sure (mostly questions).

Here is my first question. I want to take the DSA class but there is a "pre-exam" requirement to attend. does anyone know where I can get info about this Pre-exam? Is it online? what does it cover?

0 Kudos