VMware Cloud Community
USFJoseph
Contributor
Contributor

Server Room Display

A bit off-topic from virtualization but I figure some here might have some suggestions:

Hi all. I am looking at setting up a mini-NOC type display in our server room environment. We're planning on putting up two monitors/displays and having on one VirtualCenter and the other other monitoring information (e.g. network monitor, news channel, etc...)

Does anyone have any suggestions on what type of display/monitor to use for this type of scenario? Would you suggest just a regular LCD/Plasma display or is there a better "brand" for something like this?

Any suggestions you can provide are appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kix1979
Immortal
Immortal

I prefer LCD, less burn in issues, and go with the nice ones that have NO speakers that are designed for displays. Pioneer have some really nice ones in the 42" range pretty cheap. Smiley Happy

Thomas H. Bryant III
0 Kudos
MattG
Expert
Expert

Definitely LCD . Get an LCD that is 1080P as this gives you 1920x1080 PC resolution.

Just make sure you double check the specs on the PC/DVI interface as there are some limitations to the resolution on the DVI port even though the specs say 1902x1080.

A friend of mine has the 46" Westinghouse 1080P and it looks great connected to a PC.

-MattG

-MattG If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
USFJoseph
Contributor
Contributor

I've been actually looking at a plasma display. The NEC 50XM6 actually (http://www.necdisplay.com/Products/Product/?product=03344cb7-f2ed-4621-aa8b-4fe20c2379ca).

Regarding the LCD's -- any suggestions of a specific model/brand? I'm specifically looking for the Picture-by-picture, side-by-side, picture-in-picture (can't they just choose one name?) option.

0 Kudos
MattG
Expert
Expert

Sony KDL40V3000

40" Sony with 1080P or the 46" Model.

-MattG

-MattG If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos