VMware Cloud Community
TechRay01
Contributor
Contributor

Remote into Office Network using VM

Good Day All,

I'm new to VMware and would like to use VMware to have Office Users remote into Office Network use application as if they are in Office. I work for a Church with a low budget and need some suggestions. We presently have a Win 2008 Server with Accounts and Church Membership Programs, Users want to remote into server to work from home if needed.

I dont know if i could run VMware program on that server for users to remote in or if its best to get a next 64bit machine and install ESX on it? If i have to install ESX on a different CPU are there information on how to intergrate it to my present network?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
etsahi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hi

i think that you should check vmware view.

but it would be best if you discribe your needs in further details

how many users are there and what is their use with your church server

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Community - ESXi does not coexist with other p[erating systems - it is installed ontop of the bare metal. You would install ESXi and then create a virtual machine with Windows 2008 -

With what you describe View does sound like the solution you are looking for - there are a number of pricing that mike work for your - one is a per virtual dekstop model -  http://www.vmware.com/products/view/howtobuy.html

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos