VMware Cloud Community
oshaz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Recommend academic education to excel in my career

Hello VMware experts,

I've been working with VMware and Virtualization platforms since 6 years and i pursued my masters degree in computational intelligence.

I really want to study for some time to learn something interesting and enhance my professional profile.

What i'm looking for is an academic education that would allow me to take practical training afterwards or part time during my study.

Preferred location USA, preferred area of study: virtualization, cloud computing, openstack...

Let me know if you would recommend pursuing an MBA instead of a technical track, all suggestions are most welcome.

This is my linkedin account:

https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=82049263&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile

I'll soon be adding two more certificates to it: VCP-cloud & RHCSA.

I'm sure you can advice me on that, looking forward Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community - From an Academic stand point it will depend on the College/University whether they are offering specific curriculum on cloud/virtualization it will be part of a computer engineering degree -

An MBA would be beneficial if you want to move into the management/business side and away form the technology -

The question is how quickly you want to get in the workforce - ultimately it is hands on experience that will keep you gainfully employed and enhance your professional skills - so the choice I see you have right now is to continue academic work or start gaining hands on experience -

I have also moved this to a more appropriate forum

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community - From an Academic stand point it will depend on the College/University whether they are offering specific curriculum on cloud/virtualization it will be part of a computer engineering degree -

An MBA would be beneficial if you want to move into the management/business side and away form the technology -

The question is how quickly you want to get in the workforce - ultimately it is hands on experience that will keep you gainfully employed and enhance your professional skills - so the choice I see you have right now is to continue academic work or start gaining hands on experience -

I have also moved this to a more appropriate forum

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
oshaz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot for your reply, I appreciate your help & advice.

Actually I've been working since 6 years, after some research I think that an MBA with a specialization in information technology would suite me best. I would be able to do part time work during my study but I'm not sure if external hires are allowed or just work at school and external after it.

I also found that California is one of the best places for IT people, so that's my main search area now.

yet, I'm still confused weather an expensive degree would have a different gain for me than the cheaper ones.

0 Kudos