VMware Cloud Community
JDLangdon
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

RHCE Guides

Has anyone here used the Michael Jang's RHCE Red Hat Certified Engineer Linux Study Guide as a means to study for the RHCE? Is it worth investing into (the book) or is there a better one on the market?

Jason

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I've been waiting for him to come out with a new version of his book...and it finally looks like the wait is over:

http://www.bookpool.com/sm/0072264543

I've taught the VMware classes in Edison, NJ before and had the RedHat guys in the next room. I wish I could have been 2 places at once and sat in on that class. I've always wanted to do that certification...but I've been so consumed with VMware for the last 3-4 years.

I would imagine that 2008 will be a busy year for updating my certifications. I'll probably have to update my MCSE to 2008, update to new VMware certification(s), RiverBed certifications...and possibly RHCE or RHCT.

Oh well, what else is there to do in my spare time? Smiley Happy

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I've been waiting for him to come out with a new version of his book...and it finally looks like the wait is over:

http://www.bookpool.com/sm/0072264543

I've taught the VMware classes in Edison, NJ before and had the RedHat guys in the next room. I wish I could have been 2 places at once and sat in on that class. I've always wanted to do that certification...but I've been so consumed with VMware for the last 3-4 years.

I would imagine that 2008 will be a busy year for updating my certifications. I'll probably have to update my MCSE to 2008, update to new VMware certification(s), RiverBed certifications...and possibly RHCE or RHCT.

Oh well, what else is there to do in my spare time? Smiley Happy

Chris

0 Kudos
LifeGood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I used that book (rhel v3 version) to prepare my RHCE exam (rhel v4) in Dec 2005 and I passed. I didn't take the course, but I had a copy of official coursebook from RedHat training at that time (copied from teamate Smiley Happy, and did all the LABs in that coursebook.

I created 3 VMs (rhel v4 AS) over my old Compaq DL380 server with ESX v2.5.x .... prepared for 2 months. I did a lot of LABs untill I could do each task without book, document by side.

Good Luck!