VMware Cloud Community
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Online Install and Configure Course

Does anybody know if the online install and configure course is valid for VCP status?

and also is it available to none US /Canadian candidates.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Tom,

I just found out a few minutes ago...that yes...you can sit the online course....you just have to be available during the same time as the class is being held...which would be in a North American time zone.

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

anybody from vmware education care to answer. I have my money ready to make an order, but am not prepared to do so until I know the status of the course regarding certification obligations.

Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Tom,

I'll ping the other trainers in the private forums to see if we can get an answer. I haven't taught VMware's online course personally...only in person.

I'll reply back here whatever I find out.

Chris

TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Thanks for that Chuss

0 Kudos
kix1979
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hey chris, I never heard from the VMware guys Smiley Sad

Thomas H. Bryant III
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It took me several tries in the beginning before anyone wrote me back either. I'm not sure why...since I know that they are looking for good trainers and engineers.

You might try emailing them again...to wake someone up.

There are going to be other opportunities come up this year that may allow us to work together on some education and consulting projects....so I'll be keeping you posted.

Chris

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Tom,

One of the other VMware trainers told me that he currently teachs the online VI3 classes...and that it does count towards the VCP certification. He's pinging someone else up the VMware foodchain to see if non-North Americans can take the class as well.

I don't see why not...unless there is timezone issues. Apparently, there are only 2 trainers right now that are covering these online classes.

I'll let you know what else I find out.

Chris

0 Kudos
stollefson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Chris,

Thank you for your reply -- that is good news. As i am sure is the case with many others getting budget for the 'class' is not an issue as much as the travel, rooms, cars, etc.

Should make things easier for us Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Guys,

I'm still waiting to hear back from them on whether or not the online course is for North America...or the rest of the world as well.

As soon as I hear something...I'll post it here.

Chris

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Any update yet Chuss?

I wish to take the coures dates 24th April.

cheers

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Tom,

I just found out a few minutes ago...that yes...you can sit the online course....you just have to be available during the same time as the class is being held...which would be in a North American time zone.

Chris

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

That is excelent news, means I can work during the day and just have a couple of late nights.

Thanks for finding that out for me, it is much appreciated

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Tom,

Glad I could help you...and anyone else interested in saving money by taking the online classes. On a side note, HP also offers the online version of the VMware classes. If you can find a HP education rep in your area...you might find a class in your time zone.

Chris