VMware Cloud Community
BoneTrader
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Network problem with HP DL 380 running ESX

Hi @ all,

I´m having a BIG problem with a HP DL 380 and ESX 4.0. The setting is as followed:

1. Physical NIC is on the DMZ Port of the Firewall, the 2. one is on the switch (simple gigabit switch).

one of the VMs on this server should ONLY communicate over the NIC on the DMZ, but somehow it doesn´t work.

help plt

Bone

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Bone, (if it's still Bone),

the setup in your jpg looks ok.

To dig deeper, I need to understand the issue you see "If I power on the "DMZ Server" acts like if it is on the first vSwitch"

Can you explain the issue you are facing. Is it a connectivity issue. Maybe it's related to the physical switch configuration.

André

If you are having trouble to explain in English, feel free to send me a private message and describe the issue in German.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Bone,

to really be able to help you, you should give more information about your actual setup.

What you need (and probably already have in place) is:

- 2 vSwitches (one connected to DMZ, one to your GB switch)

- For the VM which should just connect to the DMZ, check "Edit Settings" and make sure the virtual NIC is connected to the DMZ vSwitch/portgroup

André

0 Kudos
BoneTrader
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@ André

I´ve got 2 v Switches, on the first one there is the "server pool" and on the second one there is only the Server which should go on the DMZ...

If I power on the "DMZ Server" acts like if it is on the first vSwitch

it´s kind of hard to explain....sry

Bone

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Bone,

what about the VM's settings. Does the DMZ-Server have only one virtual NIC and is it connected to the DMZ vSwitch?

It would be helpful, if you could attach a screenshot of the virtual network configuration.

André

0 Kudos
drothkoe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hey Andrê,

attached you will find a screenshot from the network.

The VMNetwork, has its own physical NIC to the physical Switch.

The DMZ Netzwork, has its own physical NIC, too and is connected direct to the DMZ Port on the physical Firewall.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Bone, (if it's still Bone),

the setup in your jpg looks ok.

To dig deeper, I need to understand the issue you see "If I power on the "DMZ Server" acts like if it is on the first vSwitch"

Can you explain the issue you are facing. Is it a connectivity issue. Maybe it's related to the physical switch configuration.

André

If you are having trouble to explain in English, feel free to send me a private message and describe the issue in German.

0 Kudos
drothkoe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i am a friend from bone Smiley Wink the problems are on my servers....

thanks for your help, send you a pm..

edit: problem solved, there was a misconfigured firewall rule. Thanks Andre

0 Kudos