VMware Cloud Community
Paul_B1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

My VI3 World Tour

So i'm off to San Giovanni/Bologna Italy next weekend (7th July-24th July) to extend our VI3 implementation to our global offices (this IS a VMWare related post Smiley Happy ). I was wondering if anyone had any tips/sight seeing/bars/pubs or any other recommendations while I'm there.

I'll also be in Winschoten/Groening Netherlands from the 24th till the 29th. I'll also be back in Germany (Ahlen/Hamm) in either September or October.

If anyone is in these areas maybe we can meet up for a beer.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
dpomeroy
Champion
Champion

I don't have any tips but good luck!

I'm jealous as I haven't been able to convince anyone they need to send me to anywhere I want to go for new installs. I keep telling my boss they need my help in Germany and China, so far no luck Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
JDLangdon
Expert
Expert

I'm jealous as I haven't been able to convince anyone

they need to send me to anywhere I want to go for new

installs. I keep telling my boss they need my help in

Germany and China, so far no luck Smiley Sad

I told my boss that they needed my help in Ireland. While he agreed with me, he did say that until we actually open an office in Ireland, he's not sending me. Smiley Wink

Worth a try.

Jason

0 Kudos
Paul_B1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I don't have any tips but good luck!

I'm jealous as I haven't been able to convince anyone

they need to send me to anywhere I want to go for new

installs. I keep telling my boss they need my help in

Germany and China, so far no luck Smiley Sad

It worked the opposite for me. "Hey.. you're going to Italy to do some VI3 Installs and server consolidations".. "Uhm, ok".

Probably going to be a lot of travel for my team in the next 12-18 months as we're rolling VI3 out to almost all of our office/manufacturing sites.

0 Kudos
Jazzer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I told my boss that they needed my help in Ireland.

While he agreed with me, he did say that until we

actually open an office in Ireland, he's not sending

me. Smiley Wink

Worth a try.

Jason

Simply brilliant

0 Kudos
MartijnLo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You probably mean Groningen, which is the name of the province, as well as the capital city of the province.

Winschoten itself I don't know much about, just that if you brake too late you end up in Germany Smiley Wink, but Groningen is a nice city.

It has a pretty large University so downtown Groningen is pretty busy with lots of shops, bars and restaurants. The site of the Groningen tourist board (city as well as province) is here: http://toerisme.groningen.nl/english

I don't know if the Martini tower is open again but if it is, you have a great view of the city from there (for a small admission fee).

Also I don't know what your hotel budget is but we have good experience with the NH Hotel in Groningen City (if your taste in hotels is on the modern side). The Golden Tulip Paterswolde/Groningen is also pretty good.

You'll probably be flying into Amsterdam Schiphol Airport from Italy so reserve about a two hours drive to get to Groningen.

Hope this was what you were looking for Smiley Happy

Message was edited by:

MartijnLo

vmNewb35
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Agreed...smashingly funny comment. I might still try that one on the boss except our new office might be in Hawaii.

0 Kudos
Paul_B1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You probably mean Groningen, which is the name of the

province, as well as the capital city of the

province.

Winschoten itself I don't know much about, just that

if you brake too late you end up in Germany Smiley Wink, but

Groningen is a nice city.

It has a pretty large University so downtown

Groningen is pretty busy with lots of shops, bars and

restaurants. The site of the Groningen tourist board

(city as well as province) is here:

http://toerisme.groningen.nl/english

I don't know if the Martini tower is open again but

if it is, you have a great view of the city from

there (for a small admission fee).

Also I don't know what your hotel budget is but we

have good experience with the NH Hotel in Groningen

City (if your taste in hotels is on the modern side).

The Golden Tulip Paterswolde/Groningen is also pretty

good.

You'll probably be flying into Amsterdam Schiphol

Airport from Italy so reserve about a two hours drive

to get to Groningen.

Hope this was what you were looking for Smiley Happy

Message was edited by:

MartijnLo

Yes you are correct, it was a misspelling on my part. Fortunately I have a fair amount of family still in The Netherlands so I'm staying with my cousins who happen to be the same age. They have warned me to get all the sleep I need before leaving to come see them, so I'm sure I'll see a few of the local bars :). Hopefully I'll get to see some of the sights as well. What's the weather like there at the end of July?

0 Kudos
MartijnLo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Well, at the moment it's not very good with lot's of rain but last year July was a scorcher with temps well over 30 degrees Celcius.

0 Kudos