VMware Cloud Community
Terodelacruz
Contributor
Contributor

Member of team -problem

Good evening all.

I get this (quite huge) product, which is containing several virtual machines in different sub folders, when I try open any of them, I get this error:

"The selected virtual machine cannot be opened because it is a member of Team. In order to open it, the virtual machine needs to be removed from the Team using recent version of Workstation"

I'm actually using Player version 1.0.1, there is a several reasons to do so. So do I need to buy this Workstation and somehow remove all those virtual machines one by one?

Can I use VMserver instead of Workstation?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

>Can I use VMserver instead of Workstation?

No, Server does not support Teams either. Only Workstation does.

>So do I need to buy this Workstation and somehow remove all those virtual machines one by one?

I believe you can edit the vmx files and remove any references to the Team from them.

0 Kudos
Terodelacruz
Contributor
Contributor

Thnks....

This is quite painfull. Annother limitation is that version of Workstation need to be earlien than 5.5.2, I simply cannot found it anywere...

I get this huge flash back about C.C.C.P.

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

>version of Workstation need to be earlien than 5.5.2, I simply cannot found it anywere...

Workstation download page. At bottom is link to Archived versions, which takes you to the page for the 5.x downloads, http://www.vmware.com/download/ws/ws5.html.

>This is quite painfull

Hmm... should only be one or two lines in the config file(s) to comment out.

0 Kudos
Terodelacruz
Contributor
Contributor

Thnks...

I found this line: inVMTeam = "True", and simply commented it out.

It seems to do the magic. Thank You \_very_ much!

Sorry about my attitude above... I got a horrible day, I'm working through cellular phone so it is going to be morning before I have get anything downloaded here.

There is down sides on country sides.

Well, and then the OMX Helsinki -stock index just crashed (second time on this week).

But the wine is good and apple flowers are blooming, so hölkynkölkyn (cheer, in local dialect).

0 Kudos