VMware Cloud Community
cosy
Contributor
Contributor

LAN Bandwidth Monitor

HI,

I got managed Switches on all 3 branch location so how or what sort of application i should use to monitor bandwidth?

Main Off-SWITCH1-ROUTER1

Router2-Switch2-Branch Office 1

I want to monitor this VPN Bandwidth for each remote branch???

Any idea please.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
shamim-a
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Here are some names...

Licensed Softwares: ManageEngine, OpManager

Free: Nagios, iptraf

Shamim

0 Kudos
msmenne17
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've used both Cacti and MRTG in the past. Both use SNMP to gather traffic data and are relatively easy to setup. Setups can range from simple to extremely complicated.

What brand siwtches/routers do you use? I think CiscoWorks will do some of this as well (prob. expensive though).

0 Kudos
kreischl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

www.solarwinds.net - Orion pkg.

0 Kudos
AustinPowers
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Try CyberGauge, also from SolarWinds.

0 Kudos
jcayer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If you just want to see and not pay, MRTG is the way to go. It even runs on Windows. Config is text file based, so a little challenging.

0 Kudos
buckethead
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If you want to keep the price down take a look at unnoc along with the other alternatives already mentioned. I have just started using unnoc to get data from our Virtual Infrastructure and have been happy with the data so far. I am not 100% sure it will meet your goals, but take a look at it and see if it can help.

http://unnoc.org/

0 Kudos
kingneutron
Expert
Expert

--MRTG is a good choice for the free-(beer) software. Install at the main office/trunk.

./. If you have appreciated my response, please remember to apply Helpful/Correct points. TIA
0 Kudos