VMware Cloud Community
mitvix
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Its smell like... ESX Server 3i start replacing ESX Server 3...

ESX Server 3i smell like a little start of the new generation of ESX Server´s... Without Red Hat 7 or hiding it a little more.

Or, I am missed?

Somebody have something to say about?

[]´

Alexander

Message was edited by:

mitvix

Alexander Manfrin VCP - VMware Certified Professional Owner www.vmworld.com.br +55 61 8110 2665 - Brasilia - Brazil
0 Kudos
8 Replies
FredPeterson
Expert
Expert

Wait just a few days, I'm sure there will be LOTS coming out of VMWorld 2007 in regards to this.

0 Kudos
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal

0 Kudos
Andrew_Judge
Contributor
Contributor

It's not Rh 7. That was esx 2.x. It's RHEL 3 and maybe they are getting cheap. Do they really think that reading fan speed compares with reading bad memory or alerts from openmanage or similar? I suppose it doesn't matter if you are running a cluster and it craps out, but I've gone in and found serious errors and updates as a result from keeping openmanage on the console. I say give it to us and we'll let you know how it pans out. Problem is that they are getting cheap with NFR / demo usage.

Best regards,

Andrew Judge

MCSE: Security, RHCE, ACHDS, ACTC, CSSA, CCA, NCIE, A, Security, 3Com VoIP, VCP, VSP

CEO, Grove Networks Inc.

Microsoft Gold Certified Partner

Certified Apple Consultant Network Member

3Com Voice Authorized Partner

Silver Citrix Partner

VMware VIP

Phone: 305.448.6126

Fax: 305.437.7685

http://www.grovenetworks.com

0 Kudos
beckhamk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

are you saying you have issues with dell openmanage being installed on esx v3?

0 Kudos
Ken_Cline
Champion
Champion

are you saying you have issues with dell openmanage

being installed on esx v3?

Nope...he's saying that you can't install openmanage (or SIM or Director agents) on ESX 3i...at least not yet.

Ken Cline VMware vExpert 2009 VMware Communities User Moderator Blogging at: http://KensVirtualReality.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
davidbarclay
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

So what is the plan?

Will SIM have code redeveloped to talk to the new CIM elements exposed on vmware?

Will HP (and other vendors) have SIM preinstalled in the new service console (the VM)?

Or hasthe day of ESX agents gone, all remote calls?

Dave

0 Kudos
Paul_B1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

So what is the plan?

Will SIM have code redeveloped to talk to the new CIM

elements exposed on vmware?

Will HP (and other vendors) have SIM preinstalled in

the new service console (the VM)?

Or hasthe day of ESX agents gone, all remote calls?

Dave

Or... will HP come out with Virtual Appliances that have special permissions to talk to the hardware?

0 Kudos
Ken_Cline
Champion
Champion

Don't know (and couldn't tell you if I did ... ) - but my personal opinion is that there will have to be some way for vendors to provide the low-level, detailed monitoring and management capabilities for the hardware before 3i will be generally accepted/deployed in large enterprise environments.

Ken Cline VMware vExpert 2009 VMware Communities User Moderator Blogging at: http://KensVirtualReality.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos