VMware Cloud Community
nichbri
Contributor
Contributor

Help installing adobe (hope this is the right forum)

Not sure where to post this but I can't seem to find a solution to my problem.

I've tried the whole darn web over and can't find a solution - hopefully someone here can help.

I have Adobe CS3 windows version, I bought vmware so that I could run

it. I install the 1st DVD fine, then it asks me to insert the 2nd DVD

to Z:/ drive, which is my shared folder with my imac, but my DVD drive

is actually D:/ and when insert the 2nd DVD, windows does not recognise

it as the drive that it should read.

Hope someone can help 😕

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Cooldude09
Commander
Commander

Which VMware product you are using? IN case of any hosted products you need to mount the cd drive again for the VM on which you are installing the application. Else you can add another cdrom drive and point to the second drive when it asks during installation.

Regards

Anil

Save the planet, Go Green

if you found my answer to be useful, feel free to mark it as Helpful or Correct.

If U find my answer useful, feel free to give points by clicking Helpful or Correct.

Subscribe yourself at walkonblock.com

nichbri
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much! I added another drive and it worked perfectly. Cheers!

0 Kudos
Cooldude09
Commander
Commander

Thats good to know......happy virtualizing.. Smiley Happy

Regards

Anil

Save the planet, Go Green

if you found my answer to be useful, feel free to mark it as Helpful or Correct.

If U find my answer useful, feel free to give points by clicking Helpful or Correct.

Subscribe yourself at walkonblock.com

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

You need to tell the VMware product that you've switched discs/images. Ctrl-Alt to return focus to the host. Right-click the CD icon in the status area and select Disconnect. Then either switch physical discs, or right-click and select Edit, then Browse to the next ISO image. Right-click again and select Connect. Then click the mouse back into the guest to return focus.

This same procedure is needed for floppy disks/images as well.

0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

I'm curious how good performance is it when running CS3, its a very graphic intensive program and load slow even on physical machine. Is this production scenario when you have VDI folks login and use CS3 for their photo/studio purposes? I think VMware working on PC over IP solution, and if this works great, people would implemented more because it has fast protocol transmission and best graphic experience.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
nichbri
Contributor
Contributor

I require CS3 for university studies - vmware has 512mb of ram set aside for the virtual machine,and it seems to work fine for my purposes. I didn't install encore because of its RAM needs. I don't really find it too be any slower than my old pc (2GB RAM).

0 Kudos