VMware Cloud Community
mmmike
Contributor
Contributor

Failover backup solution using ESXI machines.

Hello,

I would like to have some help/information reguarding failover solution.

This is the scenerio:

I have two ESXI machines which runs four server at the moment. I'm looking for a failover hosted solution. I want to convert these machines and place them in a host-site with a dedicated line. I want the posibility of online replication between the two sites for all content of the servers (including user data,databases,EX,DC) the servers should update 24/7. Incase one of the original servers fail's I need the ability to run the hosted server instead.

Is there any VMWare(or any other) solution for what I seek?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcoem tot he Forums - There is VMware Site Recovery Manager which is VMware's product design for DR but does require SANs at the primary and recovery site with SAN replication. There are also products by Double Take and Platespin that also provide DR solutions like you describe - all work very well and wil satisfy your requirements

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos